Date: Sunday, February 28
Time: 9:30 AM - Noon
Place: Studio Current (secret location, please e-mail us at email@example.com for address)
Have you ever wanted to meditate, but didn't know how to start? Have you heard yourself say countless times, "I should be meditating more," yet never create the time or space to do it? Are some of your goals to beat stress, invest in yourself, or try something new?
Now is your chance to join Centered in the City for our WTF is Meditation: Back to Basics workshop. This workshop is designed to introduce busy professionals to the basics of meditation so you can take the tools with you wherever you go. Come learn, discuss and practice meditation so you can start to feel confident as you begin your own practice.
In this workshop, you will learn and experience:
- The basic pillars of meditation
- Myths and truths about the practice
- Your personal meditation anchors
- Various types of meditation, including: body scan, mantra, and stress reduction
- How to start your own at-home practice
- Making a plan to keep meditation consistent and easy
- Meeting new meditators who also share the newness of meditation
- Coaching from experienced teachers/coaches Kellye Kuh and Wade Brill